Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Corn on the cob...the easy way!

Hello Everyone!

I haven't posted in a day or two which I know isn't too bad but if I want to keep up with this I need to keep posting this frequently. Any who, since I haven't done or found any new projects yet I thought I'd post about my experiment tonight. I first saw this idea for microwave no mess corn on the cob on Facebook. I was amazed, it looked so simple and I LOVE easy meal ideas. Plus corn on the cob is one of my favorite veggie sides. Well I didn't know where the original post for the corn on the cob was so I Googled it and found this one from Deep South Dish. It's so simple! Basically you take some corn on the cob, stick it in the microwave, cook for 4 minutes (microwaves vary mine took 6 minutes), take the corn on the cob out of the microwave, cut off the big closed end, and squeeze the corn out. Voila, no mess, quick, and delicious! I was so excited when this worked exactly as I read. Yay! Now I can have corn on the cob without the mess (which I hate). So who is as excited about this as I am??? Try it out! I promise you will enjoy it. The only down fall to this is that you can only do 1-2 pieces at a time. If you need specifics go on over and check out Deep South Dish with their step by step directions and comments.

Have a great night. :)

2 comments: