Saturday, August 18, 2012

Green Smoothies...

Hey all,

So I have heard a lot about green smoothies and I love smoothies so I figured I'd try it out. I bought some fresh kale and spinach and used a bit of both in my first green smoothie. I added some frozen peaches, a whole banana and orange juice to start. Once it was blended I didn't think it was thick enough so I added some frozen pineapple and a few frozen strawberries (we like to eat frozen fruit as a snack instead of ice cream). Well it was good but I really wish I could completely purify the greens. I think next time I'll try purifying the greens with the juice first before I add anything else. Maybe that'll help take the texture down. The texture wasn't bad just different haha. Any ways all in all the flavor is still good and even better for you. So it's worth continuing to find our favorite combo (Mason tried some also). I also made Popsicles with the leftover smoothie...Masons not a huge fan of them but we'll keep trying. :)

2 comments:

  1. I guess having a 'green' smoothie, is something to get used to! LOL I bet it is good for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya it Is good for you and not bad tasting. :)

    ReplyDelete